September Event-in-a-box: The #WomenBetrayed

September Event-in-a-Box: The #WomenBetrayed
National Day of Student Actionwb

The recent undercover videos of Planned Parenthood are sickening. It is horrifying to watch Planned Parenthood abortionists and staff casually discuss the harvesting and sale of the body parts of aborted babies and to see them picking through a pie dish identifying little arms and legs, hearts, kidneys and livers that can be sold.

Over the past month, many of us have been engaged in local and national protests of Planned Parenthood, we’ve called our Members of Congress, and we’ve taken part in promoting these ghastly videos to our friends and family via our social media networks.

But the school year has started and that means Planned Parenthood is back doing what they do best — recruiting our generation on campuses for their sick create-a-customer business cycle. They know that if they reach students, especially new students, at the beginning of the year and build a relationship with them, they are going to have repeat customers for their dangerous and faulty contraception-STD test/treatment-abortion cycle.

So, how do we reach Planned Parenthood’s would-be customers before they do?

Two words: Pro-Life Students

Your Students for Life group is literally the only line of defense our movement has to protect women and children from our nation’s largest abortion vendor.

There’s an old saying that goes like this: “People don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care.” Women have been betrayed by Planned Parenthood long enough. It’s time for the pro-life generation to show women how much we care about them and tell them the truth about Planned Parenthood.

For our September Event-in-a-Box, Students for Life of America and the National Pro-Life Chalk Day are asking every Students for Life group across the nation to participate in the September 24th #WomenBetrayed: National Day of Student Action.

Here’s What We Need You To Do Now:

• E-mail the Students for Life of America Team and request the special order code for your FREE September Event-in-a-Box: #WomenBetrayed: National Day of Student Action.
  • Plan a meeting with your group right now to discuss how you are going to take over your campus on Thursday, September 24th with the pro-life narrative with flyers, postcards, and sidewalk chalk.
  • Read below to see what the Kit will contain, how to use it, and educational facts for you and your group members.

What’s in the Kit We Will Ship to You:

• “Did You Know?” Flyers
  • “We Don’t Need Planned Parenthood” Flyers
  • “Myth Busted: Planned Parenthood Doesn’t Do Mammograms” Flyers
  • “Defund PP” Flyers
  • Sample Letters to the Editor for your School Newspaper
  • 50 Planned Parenthood Project Postcards
  • Sidewalk Chalk Kit and Suggested Slogans to Chalk on Campus

How to Use the Kit:

We want you to let your campus know that the pro-life movement cares about women and that there are better options for them than Planned Parenthood. We don’t want the words “Planned Parenthood cares about women” to ever be said again.

There are 4 sets of flyers in the box: The first set is designed to help you educate your campus about the the #PPSellsBabyParts Scandal.  The second set of flyers shows your campus that there are better alternative health centers than Planned Parenthood, letting women know that there are other resources available to them. The third set makes the case for why Planned Parenthood should be defunded. The fourth set Defund Planned Parenthood flyer this exposes the facts of what Planned Parenthood is actually doing as an organization and with their money. Post the flyers all over campus, pass them out in common areas, or set up a table with the Planned Parenthood Project postcards. But don’t stop there! Personalize our sample letter to the editor to call your school newspaper to action. It is time to re-brand Planned Parenthood as a clinic that does not care about women or babies but uses them for profit.

Next, grab your chalk and use National Pro-Life Chalk Day to spread the message about Planned Parenthood’s corrupt business. Find a highly trafficked area and write your pro-life slogan in big and colorful letters. You can find out more about National Pro-Life Chalk Day here.  

When you’re finished, no one on your campus will be able to ignore the pro-life message!

And don’t forget, Our Regional Coordinators (RC) will be touring college campuses the months of October and November with our Planned Parenthood Project display! Contact your RC to see how you can bring the Planned Parenthood Project to your school!

Here’s What You Need to Know:

Read this blog to learn how to answer the most common objections by Planned Parenthood supporters – http://studentsforlife.org/how-to-answer-planned-parenthood-supporters/

Videos to Watch:

Please check out these 5 videos about Planned Parenthood that explain how Planned Parenthood are betraying this generation.

• What if Planned Parenthood was Defunded? – Cecile Richards claims that Planned Parenthood is necessary for “medically under-served communities” like Lancaster, PA. But we did a little research on what was really available to women. Watch and see what we found! 
  • Fungibility: The Planned Parenthood Method – We often hear the claim, “but our tax dollars don’t go to abortions when we give to Planned Parenthood. It is used for other services.” This video explains how money given to Planned Parenthood is money given to abortion. Period. 
  • How to Double Dip: The Planned Parenthood Method – Planned Parenthood claims that they are only charging organ buyers the costs associated with the procedures. But, aren’t women already paying for that when they are charged for the abortion? Watch this video to find out how Planned Parenthood is double dipping. 
  • Planned Parenthood’s 3% Abortion Myth – In their latest annual report, Planned Parenthood claims that only 3% of their services are abortion. But taking a closer look, we found that number to be incredibly misleading. Watch this video to find out how Planned Parenthood’s 3% claim is a complete myth
  • Abortion. No Matter What: The Planned Parenthood Project – We know that Planned Parenthood’s business is abortion, not care. This video explains Planned Parenthood’s corrupt business strategy to profit off of women in need. 

Here are the numbers you need to know:

In 2013, the last year data from Planned Parenthood had made available:

• The average price for an abortion at Planned Parenthood was $451.
  • Planned Parenthood performed over 327,653 abortions, 897 per day.
  • Planned Parenthood, a non-profit organization, posted a total revenue of more   than $1 billion dollars.
  • Planned Parenthood provided only 1 adoption referral for every 174 abortions.

In addition, former employees have proven that Planned Parenthood requires their employees to meet abortion quotas, meaning they have to sell a certain amount of abortions every month.

Further, since 2009:

• Planned Parenthood’s contraceptive services have dropped by 7%, and their cancer screening and prevention services have dropped by 50%.
  • Planned Parenthood has performed over 1.9 million abortions.
  • And their U.S. taxpayer funding has increased by 46%.

Dispelling the great myth:

Planned Parenthood claims to provide essential health services. However, there are more than 9,000 taxpayer-funded community health centers that provide everything that Planned Parenthood provides for women and more, minus abortions.  You can go to http://findahealthcenter.hrsa.gov/ to locate center nearest you.

Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs) and free Community Clinics are a BETTER option for women than Planned Parenthood.

• They offer services to all persons regardless of the person’s ability to pay, and, unlike Planned Parenthood they provide “comprehensive primary care services”
  • There are more than 9,000 FQHCs and community health care clinics across the United States.(Planned Parenthood only has 669 locations.)
  • In every Congressional bill that has been proposed to defund Planned Parenthood, legislators proposed redirecting Planned Parenthood earmarked money to these FQHCs and community clinics so they can serve more.

Additional Information:

Don’t forget. You can request a free training with a SFLA team member on “Planned Parenthood’s Abortion Business” anytime.

Comments