‘Tis the season of gift giving! This December, Students for Life of America wants you to contact your local Pregnancy Resource Center (PRC) and bless them! PRC’s are an incredibly important part of the pro-life movement, reaching women daily with pregnancy support and resources.
If your group is not already working with your local PRC, it is time to start! It is important to have a good relationship with your PRC because they are the ones you will be referring students to for healthcare and counseling. If you need help finding your local Pregnancy Resource Center, visit optionline.org/center-locator.
Want to keep giving the gift throughout the year? Join SFLA’s Pregnant on Campus Initiative (PONC). Taking part in the PonC Initiative means your group will be actively reaching out to pregnant and parenting students on your campus and in your community throughout the whole year. Meet Megan, a pro-life group leader, and Jessica, a pregnant student who was helped by the Students for Life efforts on their campus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkrB7cNCu94. Taking part in the Pregnant on Campus Initiative is a practical way to promote life and save lives on your campus, just like Megan was able to do for Jessica and her precious son, Stefan.
Visit www.pregnantoncampus.org for more information. Email your Regional Coordinator to let them know you want to get involved!
- Pregnant on Campus Marketing Guide and information
- 10 Pregnant on Campus “Pregnancy Doesn’t Have to Change your Goals” pull tabs flyers
- 50 Pregnant, Need Help? drop cards
- Baby Item Drive Guide
- A surprise gift from SFLA (because you’re awesome!)
How to use the box:
- Table on campus to let students on your campus know there is help for them if they are pregnant or parenting.
- Post “Pregnancy Doesn’t Have to Change Your Goals” flyers in high traffic areas.
- Distribute Pregnant, Need Help? drop cards throughout campus.
- Baby Item Drive: As a group, read through the Baby Item Drive guide. Post the flyers around your school to invite your whole school to participate!
- Use the Pregnant on Campus Marketing Guide to determine how your group can get involved with the Pregnant on Campus Initiative. This guide includes helpful information, why marketing matters, effective event ideas, tips for success, and resources for your group.
- Just for fun: For your last meeting before Christmas break throw a Christmas party! Hand out the surprise gift from SFLA to your group members and celebrate all that your group has accomplished this past semester! Make sure each group member feels appreciated. Talk about the plans your group has for the next semester to get everyone excited and motivated!
You can order the event in a box by contacting your Regional Coordinator today!
• If you are a student in CA, AZ, or NV, please contact Emily Wilkinson.
• If you are a student in OR, WA, ID, MT, HI, or AK, please contact Lisa Atkins.
• If you are a student in CO, NM, WY, UT, or IA, please contact Lo Castillo.
• If you are a student in MI, IN, or OH, please contact R.J. McVeigh.
• If you are a student in VA, MD, DC, PA, or DE, please contact Michele Hendrickson.
• If you are a student in KY, TN, or WV, please contact Alejandro Capote.
• If you are a student in VT, CT, NH, MA, RI or ME, please contact Jane Riccardi.
• If you are a student in NE, KS, IL, MO, ND, or SD, please contact Reagan Nielsen.
• If you are a student in OK or TX, please contact Katie Martin.
• If you are a student in NY or NJ, please contact Keri Landeche.
• If you are a student in a state not listed, contact Kassie Preut.
• If you are a high school student, click here.
**SFLA Resources are only available to active high school or college student groups. If you are a youth minister or community member, please email email@example.com for other options.