Are you a college student? Host an SFLA National Conference Watch Party right on your campus!By livestreaming the conference you will be able to be a part of this national movement at a local level in a fun environment.
You might be thinking, this is awesome, but how do I plan this? Here is what you need to do to make it happen:
- Reserve a room on campus with a projector and screen, speaker, comfy chairs, and a table.
- Send out an invitation to your friends and club members on campus or in your community to join you in watching the SFLA conference LIVE.
- You can also invite other local Students for Life groups in your area who aren’t traveling to a national march to join you!
- Appoint/Elect a Party Planning Officer or Committee who will be responsible for making the watch party enjoyable (think Super Bowl party here). They will be responsible for ordering delicious food to enjoy throughout the day, decorating or setting up the room the day of the party, and any other roles they might think of!
- Bring your computer to set up the live stream and attach to the projector.
- Bring a notebook and pen to take notes.
So now you have planned this out and the weekend of the conference has arrived. While watching the conference’s speakers you will want to be thinking about how to bring practical improvement of your group’s effectiveness on campus. Follow up the conference with a short strategy session with your group’s members and other group leaders who joined you. This strategy session could follow these steps to be successful.
- Share a favorite part about the day and conference.
- Brainstorm one area (or a few) of improvement for your group.
- Turn those areas of improvement into strengths by setting some tangible S.M.A.R.T. goals (Specific, Measureable, Achievable, Realistic, Timely) to follow this next semester.
- Plan out one “dream” event that you want to accomplish as a club but maybe have been putting off and write out a S.M.A.R.T. goal for how you will make it happen!
- Contact your SFLA Regional Coordinator (RC) and let them know your plans for the semester so they can help you achieve your goals! (Find your RC here: http://www.studentsforlife.org/staff/)
Last but not least, RSVP here to join in the national SFLA National Conference Livestream Watch Party! As always let us know if you have any questions by contacting your local Regional Coordinator or e-mailing us at email@example.com.