Planned Parenthood has been in the news a lot lately, especially after the election. We want to help you understand and address commonly heard concerns regarding the nation’s largest abortion vendor.
You may have heard arguments about the services Planned Parenthood provides. You may have heard their defenders argue that if we stop funding Planned Parenthood, we’re assaulting women’s healthcare.
Wondering how to respond?
This month’s Event in a Box will help you address why we don’t need Planned Parenthood, and give you practical tips for responding and addressing this topic at your school.
What’s In the box:
- Post-its for tabling
- Recruitment sheets
- Social media graphics to post
- “We Don’t Need Planned Parenthood” Guide
- SFLA “We don’t Need Planned Parenthood” postcards
- SFLA “We don’t Need Planned Parenthood” stickers
- SFLA “Join us” postcards for recruitment
- We don’t need Planned Parenthood flyers
To order the November Event-in-a-Box, contact your Regional Coordinator today.
- If you are a student in CA, contact Camille Rodriguez.
- If you are a student in OR, WA, ID, HI, or AK contact Katie Lodjic.
- If you are a student in AZ, contact Jake Simon.
- If you are a student in CO or NM, contact Bethany Janzen.
- If you are a student in MI, contact Audrey Nitzel.
- If you are students in IN or OH, contact Anna Allgaier.
- If you are a student in MD, DC, or DE, contact Michelle Hendrickson.
- If you are student in VA or WV, contact Lori Cascio.
- If you are a student in PA, contact Angelica Corridoni.
- If you are a student in KY or TN, contact Brenna Hartwell.
- If you are a student in NE, KS, or MO, contact Reagan Barklage.
- If you are a student in IA or IL, contact Paul Hood.
- If you are a student in TX contact Jillian Ferguson.
- If you are a student in NY or NJ, contact Keri Landeche.
- If you are a student in NC, SC, GA, or FL, contact Ryan Eyrich.
- If you are a student in MN or WI, contact Maddie Schulte.
- If you are a student in a state not listed, contact Lisa Stover.How to use the box:
- Educate your group. Request an Exposing Planned Parenthood Training from your Regional Coordinator, and use the provided guide as a reference for your group.
- Hold a poll table asking “Do we need Planned Parenthood?” Be sure to wear your stickers, use the provided recruitment sheet, and hand out the provided SFLA “We Don’t Need Parenthood” postcards at the event.
- Hold a social media campaign using the provided social media graphics
- Hang up the provided flyers at your school to encourage discussion on Planned Parenthood.