Host a Pro-Life Event
Event planning on a med school campus can seem difficult with the busy nature of graduate student life. But it is possible! For help, reach out to your SFLA Regional Coordinator at [yourstate]@studentsforlife.org. You can also contact SFLA’s Med/Law Program Coordinator, Mary Briganti, at email@example.com.
Students for Life can help you get pro-life medical experts as speakers, pro-life displays about the medical complications of abortion and other topics, and anything else your Med Students for Life group is interested in doing on campus.
Ideas for Educating Your Campus
- Host a speaker. SFLA offers grants each semester for pro-life med speakers. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Do a flyering campaign on campus (find flyers here).
- Create a lunch speaker series allowing students to eat lunch and learn more about the pro-life issues you face as future medical professionals.
- Organize a bioethical debate on the abortion issue by inviting one pro-choice medical expert and one pro-life one. Learn how here.
- Arrange a Panel Discussion to explore a certain abortion-related medical topic. Learn how here.
- Contact your SFLA Regional Coordinator at [yourstate]@studentsforlife.org for more ideas.
Whether you recognize it or not, everything you do has the chance to touch a heart and change an opinion. Stay passionate, stay bold, educate your peers, engage the passionate, and you will see the change.