Do you know where your school stands on issues? Do they think abortion should be legal? Polling tables are one of the best ways to learn what type of further outreach and education your campus needs on this topic. This is such an easy and fun event to do!
SFLA Resources to Request from your Regional Coordinator:
- Topic cards based on your poll
- “Should abortion remain legal when a fetus can feel pain?”
- “What about the life of the mother?”
- “What about fetal abnormalities?”
- “Would overpopulation justify abortion?”
- “Dealing with Campus Opposition” video on YouTube
- “Rapid Response” training
- Pick a time!
- Pick a time that will draw the highest response from students. Research how to obtain approval for the location with your administration, if necessary.
- Complete all required paperwork for getting approval and submit in advance. Follow-up to confirm approval has been granted.
- Rally your group members!
- Assign at least two members to be present at all times.
- Gather your materials!
- You will need: a table, drop cards, sign-up sheets, and a big sign (tri-folds work great).
- Set-up in a high-traffic area before school, during lunch, and after school.
- Start a conversation. Go out and have fun!
- Polling can be intimidating, but the only way to get better is to be out there and learn from your experience.
- Remember to remain calm, listen, and respond in a loving way!
Other important info:
If you go to a public school, your whole campus is a free-speech zone! If you go to a private school, be sure to check with administration where appropriate locations are. Some schools (public or private) request that you fill out a form letting them know when and where you will be on campus.
Questions? Contact your Regional Coordinator for more information.